MyFEDBenefits Answers Common Questions About USPS VERA 2018 for Federal Employees
MyFEDBenefits hosted a free Facebook Live Q&A event on Tuesday, February 27th for USPS federal employees to ask questions about early retirement and their VERA applications.
The VERA (Voluntary Early Retirement Authority) is available to USPS employees with at least 20 years of eligible service. You have until March 23, 2018 to submit retirement paperwork for a March 31 retirement date.
Discover what you need to know before applying for the VERA in our video below, including:
- When are the deadlines for the USPS VERA 2018?
- What are the eligibility requirements?
- Is there a penalty for using your Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) before age 59 1/2?
- Will I get the FERS retirement supplement if I retire early?
- What happens if I haven’t been on my health benefits plan for the required 5 years before retirement?
- Is the Post Office going to make this offer to any groups other than clerks and mail handlers?
- What do I need to retire early under USPS VERA 2018?
Watch the full Q&A video below to learn the answers to all of these questions and more.
USPS Buyout 2018 Q&A with MyFEDBenefits
Watch our Facebook Live Q&A on VERA from March 6, 2018:
And watch our second Facebook Live Q&A from March 13, 2018:
Contact MyFEDBenefits to See If USPS VERA 2018 Is Right For You
MyFEDBenefits is ready to help you decide if early retirement through the USPS VERA 2018 program is right for you. Contact us today to speak to one of our benefits specialists before the March 23rd deadline. You can also email us at [email protected] or call us at (877) 741-1254.